In December 2016, the Chief Ombudsman, Judge Peter Boshier, advised entities covered by the Official Information Act and related legislation that his office had decided to publish six-monthly reports on official information complaints received by his office and the outcomes of their investigations.
In responding to this initiative, Te Kāhui Manukura, the Leadership Group of Ara, decided to match the Ombudsman by publishing a six-monthly report on the complaints and enquiries received by the Ara Institute of Canterbury at the Executive level.
- Complaints report for Jan – Jun 2021 (PDF 0.1MB)
As a large organisation with a diverse community, we understand that issues, differences and disagreements can arise from time to time. Wherever possible we aim to resolve these situations. To enable this to happen, we have procedures in place.
Depending on the nature of the issue you can:
- Talk to the person/people involved to see if you can resolve the matter together
- Speak to our Student Advocate
- Make a formal complaint (see below)
Useful links for more information
- New Code of Practice for pastoral care of domestic students » NZQA
- Implementation guidance for the Education (Pastoral Care of Domestic Tertiary Students) Interim Code of Practice 2019 » NZQA
- Student complaints about an education organisation » NZQA
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner | Home
- Ombudsman New Zealand | Tari o te Kaitiaki Mana Tangata
- iStudent complaints