Broaden your horizons with a managed automotive apprenticeship at Ara. You'll learn sought-after skills, gain experience and make valuable contacts in the automotive industry.
Complete our Certificate in Automotive Engineering Level 3 and then take the next step and enrol in our Certificate in Light Automotive Engineering Level 4.
Programme and fee information
Ara Managed Automotive Apprenticeships consist of one night class per week (6pm-9pm) for 36 weeks per year and four workplace visits per year. It costs approximately $360 per module (six modules per option) and you can start at any time of the year, as soon as you're ready.
You have no qualification but are already working in the industry you can study towards the Certificate in Automotive Engineering Level 3.
You have lots of industry experience but are seeking a higher level qualification, then you can study towards the Certificate in Automotive Engineering Level 3.
You're qualified to level 3, working in the industry and seeking a higher qualification then you can study towards the Certificate in Light Automotive Engineering Level 4.
How it works
A Managed Automotive Apprenticeship will provide you with learning that's tailored to your needs, one-on-one time with trained professionals, and connections with people in the automotive industry.
These are the steps involved in a Managed Automotive Apprenticeship:
- Start by talking to your employer about doing an apprenticeship
- Contact the team at Ara and arrange a meeting at your workplace with you, your employer and a Ara representative
- Ara staff will work with you and your employer to create an apprenticeship plan specifically for you
- You'll begin attending night classes and working towards your qualification, while you continue your job
- Ara will periodically check in with you and your employer at work
- At the end of your apprenticeship, you'll attain your automotive trade qualification