Women in STEM
|Value||Up to $3,000 reduction in fees|
|Opening date||1 July 2022|
|Closing date||1 October 2022|
A fee reduction of up to $3000 for women entering careers in science, ICT or engineering.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Meet (or intend to meet) the entry requirements for your chosen programme of study
- Study a programme which is eligible for this scholarship either full time or part time
- Be a woman (assigned female at birth and/or self-identify as female)
Before you complete your Ara scholarship application, check out your eligibility for the government’s fees free initiative or Trades Training and Apprenticeship Funding. We are happy to help you out with this process.
If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact us.
This scholarship is available for students undertaking an eligible programme, either full-time or part-time, in Semester 2, 2021 (courses commencing from July onwards). The scholarship covers course fees only; student levies and course-related costs are not included. It can’t be redeemed for cash or transferred from one programme to another.
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Construction (Construction Management or Quantity Surveying)
- Graduate Diploma in Construction Management
- Graduate Diploma in Quantity Surveying
- New Zealand Diploma in Applied Science (L5)
- New Zealand Diploma in Applied Science (L6)
- Graduate Diploma in Laboratory Technology
Technology / ICT
- Graduate Diploma in Information and Communication Technologies
- Bachelor of Information & Communication Technologies
How to Apply
- Please complete an application form (click on the application form button below).
- Include a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship, e.g:
- How you intend to contribute to the Science, Technology, or Engineering industries.
- Include detail of your current financial situation and how this assistance will make a difference.
- Provide two written references, which comment on your ability to succeed in this programme and attest to your character. If you are a current student one must be completed by an Ara tutor.
Return this completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or Ara Student Support Office, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140
Applications submitted before the early bird closing date will be given preference. Remaining scholarships will then be awarded to later applicants who meet the criteria.