Many programmes and courses contain a maths component, which many students find difficult.
Maths Support at City Campus, Christchurch
We are here to:
- help unblock your maths "phobia"
- build your confidence with numeracy and basic maths concepts
- reinforce your learning with more complex maths issues relating to your programme.
For help with maths:
- come to the Maths Q&A sessions: Monday to Friday, 12pm-1pm in the Maths Room, ground floor in the Library.
- make use of the Online maths resources available through the ‘Maths Room Online’ Moodle site. See details below.
- If you are still finding the maths course content challenging, talk to your class tutor or to the maths tutor in the Maths Room to organise individual/group maths sessions.
Maths Room Online
Maths Room Online on Moodle is an online environment where you’ll find maths videos, maths programs, worked-out examples, summary posters, maths animations and worksheets. You’ll also find links to the Pathways Awarua interactive maths package, and to step-by-step numeracy lessons.
Log on to Maths Room Online using your username and password; note this works best in Chrome.
Learning Services support at Woolston Campus, Christchurch
Bookings in Learning Services, Student Services Building
Learning Services support at Timaru Campus
Talk to staff in the Library.