Ara Social Worker
Emily Pipe is Ara’s social worker. She provides a wide range of services across a number of issues and is available to help any Ara student.
Emily can assist with:
- Financial support
- Housing support
- Risk assessment and psychosocial assessment
- Connecting to appropriate external support services
- Work and income and student link support
- Mental health support
- Relationship conflicts
- Domestic violence
- Addiction support
- Achieving study/life balance (self-care)
- Support to ensure access to adequate services and resources within the community
- Support to enhance support systems and connection
- Support all learners from all backgrounds and cultures
- Specific support for Māori, Pacific and disabled learners to ensure equitable access to resources, services and opportunities
- Liaison with lecturers to ensure learners’ needs are being met in the classroom
- Classroom visits and workshops
Emily is based at the Health Centre and works across departments and locations to increase the service accessibility for learners.
Emily’s hours are Monday – Thursday, 8.30am – 4pm
She’s at The Health Centre on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and at the Woolston campus (VF109) every Tuesday.