Skip to main content
To enable students to explore a range of current issues in nutrition management including popular diets and physiological, social, government and social media/marketing factors.
- Analyse popular diets and the impact on health.
- Analyse how dietary, genetic, physiological, psychological and social issues can affect energy balance.
- Analyse the consequences of altered energy intake for culturally diverse, active and inactive populations.
- Apply knowledge of nutrition planning for specific client needs to provide sustainable individual, family/whānau and community health.
- Examine the role of government, mass media and social marketing on weight management.
Delivered as part of the following programmes