When you work at Ara you are likely to be employed under the terms and conditions of one of the following collective agreements.
- Allied Staff (TIASA) - TIASA Collective employment Agreement 1 July 2020 / 30 June 2022 (PDF: 1.7MB).
- Tertiary Education Union (TEU) - Collective Employment Agreement 1 October 2019 to 30 September 2021 (PDF: 4.6MB).
- Ara Academic Staff of Canterbury (AASC) - Collective Employment Agreement 2 October 2018 - 1 October 2020 (PDF: 0.5MB).
- Childcare Centre Teachers/Kaiako – Collective Employment Agreement 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2021 (PDF: 1.6MB).
- Custodians - Collective Employment Agreement 1 April 2021 to 31 December 2022 (PDF: 11.6MB).
- Cleaners Allied (Southern Campuses) - Collective Employment Agreement 1 July 2021 to 31 December 2022 (PDF: 9.4MB).
Under New Zealand law you must be a union member to be covered by a collective employment agreement.
If the work you perform is not covered by a collective agreement, or you have chosen not to join a union, you will be employed on an individual agreement. The terms and conditions of employment are, in general, similar to the relevant collective that covers the work being undertaken by union members doing similar work.