J H Mace Rawlinsons Ara Scholarship
|Opening date||1 June 2022|
|Closing date||29 July 2022|
$5000 to help an Ara Bachelor of Construction (Quantity Surveying) student continue their studies, plus a paid summer placement with J H Mace Rawlinsons and potentially a full-time role with the company.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident at the time of application
- Be a current, full-time student in the 3rdyear of the Bachelor of Construction (Quantity Surveying) (July intake) at Ara OR Be a current, full-time student in their final semester of New Zealand Diploma in Quantity Surveying (February intake) at Ara with the intention to continue full-time study in the Bachelor of Construction (Quantity Surveying)
- Not already employed as a quantity surveyor
- Be committed to undertaking a summer placement with Rawlinsons
NB: You may be required to attend an interview with the selection committee
Grant funds will be transferred to successful candidates once their 3rd year enrolment is complete and fees fully paid.
To apply for this scholarship, you must provide a personal statement that includes:
- A short biography about you, your background, interests and personal aspirations
- Interest in Construction
- Past academic achievements
- Brief outline of your hobbies and interests
- Future aspirations and goals
- The use to which you will put this scholarship if awarded
How to Apply
- Please submit an application form (click on the application form button below).
- Provide a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship.
- Provide two referee reports, which comment on your ability to succeed in this programme and attest to your character. One referee report must be from an Ara tutor. (Please use the templates provided below.)
- Provide your academic transcript to date.
- Provide an example of your project work at Ara, along with drawings and/or photos (where applicable).
- Once you have submitted your application, please send your supporting documentation immediately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org