Skip to main content
To gain and enhance the skills necessary to develop, deliver and provide leadership for surf and beach education
- Apply surfing technique which would create suitable visual images for a learner.
- Explore approaches to introduce novice students to surfing.
- Demonstrate self and group rescue techniques suitable for surfing and associated beach education experiences (such as coasteering or snorkelling).
- Evaluate surf incidents and injuries and determine effective course of action for prevention and the crisis management.
- Research the cultural and environmental attributes of an area and enhance the knowledge of others through cultural and environmental interpretation.
- Examine and demonstrate attitudes, motivation, self-discipline, and organisational ability required of trainee professional outdoor educator.
Delivered as part of the following programmes