Skip to main content
To enable students to integrate and apply theory safely and accurately to clinical practice and demonstrate professionalism and effective patient care to Mastery Level One
- Apply the correct positioning for routine x-ray examinations.
- Evaluate the technical quality of image produced and identify, describe and perform any further projections required.
- Operate equipment competently and safely.
- Apply knowledge of physics and radiation protection to medical imaging examinations.
- Apply knowledge of the anatomy, physiology and common pathologies of the human body to a) patient clinical presentations b) imaging anatomy and c) clinical decision making.
- Communicate effectively with patients, peers, colleagues and hospital staff.
- Demonstrate effective hospital practice and patient care within a professional, cultural and ethical framework.
Delivered as part of the following programmes