If you’re an enrolled Ara student facing unexpected hardship, there are several funds you can apply to which are designed to enable you to continue your current course of study. Your application is considered on its own merits as to whether it meets the fund’s criteria. Scholarships and awards are also available as another source of financial assistance. For further information visit Student Central at your campus.
Emergency Assistance Grant
If you’re an enrolled Ara student you can apply for emergency financial assistance of up to $100 for urgent needs, to enable you to continue with your study.
Ara Hardship Grant
If you’re an enrolled Ara student and your continued study is threatened by desperate, unanticipated financial circumstances you can apply to this grant.
Ara Completion Grant
You can apply to this grant if you’re an enrolled Ara student and circumstances relating to your study change, causing an unmanageable financial burden OR if you require assistance to complete your qualification and entry into employment.
Māori and Pacific Trades Training Learner Support Fund
If you’re a Māori or Pacific student enrolled at Ara and you require financial assistance to continue your studies you can apply to this fund.
LIFT Completion Grant (Linwood College)
You can apply to this grant if you’re an enrolled Ara student and you’re facing financial hardship that’s impacting your ability to complete your studies. To apply, you must previously have completed at least two years of study at Linwood College.
COVID-19 Fund for Learners Scholarship Application
This COVID-19 Fund for Learners scholarship is for any Ara domestic learner who has experienced suffering, deprivation or financial hardship due to COVID-19. There are 50 scholarships of $2,500 for study and living costs.
Ara Hardship Grant for International Students (temporary)
If you’re an international student at Ara and your continued study is threatened by unanticipated financial circumstances caused by Covid-19 you can apply to this fund.
Other sources of financial assistance
- The Mayor's Welfare Fund - Limited assistance with Electricity, Wood and Rent
- Temporary Additional Support, Special Needs Grant, Advance Payments
- StudyLink - Urgent unexpected costs
- Christchurch Charity Hospital
- Angel Fund – Wahine Putea (Saving and Loan Fund) can give no-interest loans of up to $500 to women
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- text or phone 022 412 6435
- Good Shepherd NZ - supporting better futures for women experiencing disadvantage
- Salvation Army Christchurch - Foodbank New Zealand (Chch City Mission)
0800 24 24 76