If you’re new to computers, this 25-hour course is the perfect way to learn the basics and become a confident computer user. It covers file management, internet skills and safety, email, word processing and Google tools such as Google Drive.
Please note: You may be charged a portion of the Compulsory Student Services Fee that supports our services available to students. For full information on the Compulsory Student Services Fee, visit fees and finance.
How to apply
To apply for one of our short courses, fill in a paper copy of our application form, available here, then either drop it in to your nearest campus or mail it to us at Enrolment Centre, Ara Institute of Canterbury, PO Box 540, Christchurch Mail Centre.
- Apply the required software in a creative environment
- Follow an appropriate brief and practically apply to the brief
- Effectively use the required operating system and platform.
- Follow a process of design development from concept to final practical outcome
- Use other material and resources effectively (sketch book research skills).
- Demonstrate the basic techniques, principles and application of digital photography.