If you’re new to computers, this 25-hour course is the perfect way to learn the basics and become a confident computer user. It covers file management, internet skills and safety, email, word processing and Google tools such as Google Drive.
Please note: You may be charged a portion of the Compulsory Student Services Fee that supports our services available to students. For full information on the Compulsory Student Services Fee, visit fees and finance.
How to apply
To apply for one of our short courses, fill in a paper copy of our application form, available here, then either drop it in to your nearest campus or mail it to us at Enrolment Centre, Ara Institute of Canterbury, PO Box 540, Christchurch Mail Centre.
- Use a computer and mobile device for basic purposes.
- Personalise a computer desktop.
- Understand basic software components.
- Perform basic file management tasks.
- Set up and use Email.
- Use the Internet to find information.
- Apply the principles of ergonomics for safe use of a computer.