Up to $2,500 reduction in fees
Up to 1 year
Christchurch, Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton, Online
A fee reduction of up to $2500 to help individuals over 25 to upskill or change career (or for employers to support their staff to upskill).
Employers can also access these scholarships to support your staff to upskill. Individuals or employers can apply.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Meet entry requirements for your chosen programme of study
- Be 25 years old or over, or will turn 25 within 2 months of commencement of study.
- Write a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship, eg: Outline your employment history and the reason you want to study this programme with Ara.
This scholarship is available for students entering into any year of study at Ara and does not cover course-related costs. If you are eligible for fees-free study, you do not need to apply for a scholarship.
We encourage all learners eligible for an Ara scholarship to apply. Before you complete your Ara scholarship application, check out your eligibility for the government’s fees free initiative. We are happy to help you out with this process. If you are eligible for only a proportion of your fees covered under the government initiative and not a full year, you may still be eligible to apply for an Ara scholarship.
If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact us.
- Any Degree or Graduate Diploma programme through CAPL (4 scholarships available)
- All Graduate Certificates
- All Graduate Diplomas
- All post graduate qualifications
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship:
- Please complete an application form (click on the apply now button on the right).
- Include a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship, e.g:
- Outline your employment history and the reason you want to study this programme with Ara.
- Highlight the impact this will have on your career
- Provide two written references, which comment on your ability to succeed in this programme and attest to your character.
Please return your application to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or email it to: email@example.com
Applications submitted before the early bird closing date will be given preference. Remaining scholarships will then be awarded to later applicants who meet the criteria.