Up to $2,500 reduction in fees
Up to 1 year
Ongoing until awarded
Christchurch, Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton
A fee reduction of up to $2,500 to help individuals over 25 to change career or upskill. Specific programmes only.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme of study
- Be 25 years old or over, or will turn 25 within two months of commencement of study
- Be studying a graduate diploma, graduate certificate, or Masters programme OR be completing a degree or Graduate Diploma through the Centre of Assessment for Prior Learning
This scholarship does not cover course-related costs.
We encourage all learners eligible for an Ara scholarship to apply. Employers wishing to support a member of staff to upskill can also access this scholarship for eligible programmes. In this case, either the individual or the employer can apply.
If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact us.
- All Graduate Certificates
- All Graduate Diplomas
- All postgraduate qualifications
- Any Degree or Graduate Diploma through the Centre of Assessment for Prior Learning (4 scholarships available)
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship:
- Please complete an application form (click on the apply now button on the right).
- Include a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship, e.g:
- Outline your employment history and the reason you want to study this programme with Ara.
- Highlight the impact this will have on your career
- Provide two written references, which comment on your ability to succeed in this programme and attest to your character. If you are a current student one must be completed by an Ara tutor.
Please return your application to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or email it to: email@example.com
Applications submitted before the early bird closing date will be given preference. Remaining scholarships will then be awarded to later applicants who meet the criteria.