Up to $2,500 reduction in fees
Up to 1 year
27 January 2020
Christchurch, Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton, Online
A fee reduction of up to $2500 to assist individuals facing financial, disability or other challenges to undertake study at tertiary level.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Meet (or intend to meet) the entry requirements for your chosen programme of study
- Study a programme which is eligible for this scholarship either full time or part time
- Have a learning or physical disability, be experiencing financial hardship, first in family, or be relocating more than 100kms to attend Ara.
This scholarship is available for students entering into any year of study at Ara and does not cover course-related costs. If you are eligible for fees-free study, you do not need to apply for a scholarship.
We encourage all learners eligible for an Ara scholarship to apply. Before you complete your Ara scholarship application, check out your eligibility for the government’s fees free initiative. We are happy to help you out with this process. If you are eligible for only a proportion of your fees covered under the government initiative and not a full year, you may still be eligible to apply for an Ara scholarship.
If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact us.
Any Level 3 or above programme at Ara Institute of Canterbury.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship please:
- Complete an application form (click on the apply now button on the right).
- Include a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship, e.g:
- Financial hardship
- Learning or physical disability
- Relocating more than 100kms to attend Ara
- First in family
- Provide two written references, which comment on your ability to succeed in this programme and attest to your character.
Please return your application to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submitted before the early bird closing date will be given preference. Remaining scholarships will then be awarded to later applicants who meet the criteria.