Up to $5,000 reduction in Year 1 fees
Christchurch, Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton, Online
If you are of Māori descent, these scholarships are available to help you succeed in tertiary study at higher levels.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Be of Māori descent
- Meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme of study
- Full time or part time study
All 2019 scholarships are available for students entering into their first year of a new programme of study (unless otherwise stated in the eligibility criteria).
From 2020, all scholarships are available for students entering into any level of study at Ara (unless stated otherwise in eligibility criteria).
We encourage all learners eligible for an Ara scholarship to apply. Before you complete your Ara scholarship application, check out your eligibility for the government’s fees free initiative. We are happy to help you out with this process. If you are eligible for only a proportion of your fees covered under the government initiative and not a full year, you may still be eligible to apply for an Ara scholarship.
If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact us.
Any Level 5 or above programme at Ara Institute of Canterbury.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship:
- Please complete an application form (click on the apply now button on the right).
- Include a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship, e.g:
- Outline what your Māori heritage means to you and how you will contribute to the community.
- Provide two written references, which comment on your ability to succeed in this programme and attest to your character. One reference must be completed by a leader in your cultural community.
Please return your application to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or email it to: email@example.com
Applications submitted before the early bird closing date will be given preference. Remaining scholarships will then be awarded to later applicants who meet the criteria.