90% off tuition fees
Up to 1 year
Ongoing until awarded
Christchurch, Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton
A 90% discount on tuition fees for Linwood High School students, to support them to successfully transition into tertiary education.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Meet entry requirements for your chosen programme of study
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Full time or part time study
- Only available to students that have completed at least two years of study in Linwood College Senior School (Years 11-13) - Must have an attendance rate of a minimum of 80% in their final year of study with Linwood College
This scholarship is available for students entering into any year of study at Ara and does not cover course-related costs. If you are eligible for fees-free study, you do not need to apply for a scholarship.
Please note: You are not able to access the LIFT completion grant and this scholarship in the same year.
We encourage all learners eligible for an Ara scholarship to apply. Before you complete your Ara scholarship application, check out your eligibility for the government’s fees free initiative. We are happy to help you out with this process. If you are eligible for only a proportion of your fees covered under the government initiative and not a full year, you may still be eligible to apply for an Ara scholarship.
If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact us.
Any programme at Ara Institute of Canterbury.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship:
- Please complete an application form (click on the apply now button on the right).
- Include a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship
- Provide a written referee report (see application form) which comments on your ability to succeed in this programme
- Obtain confirmation from Linwood College that you meet the eligibility requirement (see application form)
Please return your application to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submitted before the early bird closing date will be given preference. Remaining scholarships will then be awarded to later applicants who meet the criteria.