Up to $5,000 reduction in year 1 fees
Monday 11 Feb 2019
Christchurch, Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton, Online
If you have an inspirational approach, demonstrate strong leadership skills, are regularly involved in your community or a high academic achiever, this scholarship is to help you achieve your goals.
All Ara Inspire scholarships have been awarded but we encourage you to apply and you will be added to the waitlist.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Meet (or intend to meet) the entry requirements for your chosen programme of study
- Study a programme, which is eligible for this scholarship (see below) full time.
- Be applying to Ara for a new programme of study
- have an inspirational approach, demonstrate strong leadership skills, be regularly involved in your community or be a high academic achiever
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you started your current programme in (or before) 2018 and are returning to your second or third year.
We encourage all learners eligible for an Ara scholarship to apply. Before you complete your Ara scholarship application, check out your eligibility for the government’s fees free initiative. We are happy to help you out with this process. If you are eligible for only a proportion of your fees covered under the government initiative and not a full year, you may still be eligible to apply for an Ara scholarship.
If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact us.
Any Level 4 or above programme at Ara Institute of Canterbury.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship:
- Please complete an application form (click on the apply now button on the right).
- Include a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship, e.g:
- Describe how your approach to leadership, community involvement and/or academic achievement is inspiration.
- Provide two written references, which comment on your ability to succeed in this programme and attest to your character.
Please return your application to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or email it to: email@example.com
Applications submitted before the early bird closing date will be given preference. Remaining scholarships will then be awarded to later applicants who meet the criteria.