The purpose of the Ara Hardship Fund Study Award Assistance Grant is to assist enrolled students who face unexpected financial hardship, so that they are able to continue their current course of study. The fund provides last resort assistance to students.
- Be NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Be currently enrolled
- Declare that they are not receiving any other grant or award with regard to Ara fees
- Have an acceptable attendance record
- Give permission for the Student Support Officer to monitor their attendance and academic progress
- Have exhausted all other avenues of financial assistance – eg. StudyLink, WINZ, savings, overdraft, Living Allowance, family etc. (Documentation may be asked for)
- Have attended their course for 5 weeks or more
- Complete the Ara Hardship Fund Application Form (PDF:60KB)
- Study Awards may be approved to assist students to meet unexpected expenses where it is essential to enable a student to continue their course.
- Study Awards are not available during holidays or within 7 days of the course end date.
- Preference will be given to full time students who are in their second or third year of a programme.
- Funds will be paid weekly up to a maximum period of 20 weeks by direct credit to the student's bank account.
- No student has an automatic right of entitlement to assistance from the fund and we reserve the right to decline an application.
- Value:A maximum of $1,000.00 per student
Phone: 0800 24 24 76