Postgraduate Diploma in Osteopathy
There is strong demand for qualified osteopaths in New Zealand, Australia and East Asia.
To help meet this demand, our new Postgraduate Diploma in Osteopathy will enable graduates of the Bachelor of Musculoskeletal Health to gain the necessary additional skills and knowledge to apply for registration to practice with the Osteopathic Council of New Zealand.
Commencing in 2021, the Postgraduate Diploma in Osteopathy will equip graduates to:
- Work professionally, ethically and legally in a primary healthcare setting
Critically reflect on their own values and apply ethical decision-making processes to their practice
- Respond culturally and safely when working with patients, colleagues, healthcare workers and communities
- Apply interpersonal and intrapersonal skills and professional values to their practice with people with diverse needs and backgrounds
- Utilise oral and written communication skills effectively when engaging with individuals, healthcare providers and communities
- Critically analyse and apply interdisciplinary and specialised research findings and professional knowledge to their practice
- Demonstrate competence in osteopathic diagnostic and clinical reasoning skills to create clinically appropriate solutions
- Use an integrated approach to person-centred osteopathic patient care
Critically reflect on and articulate a philosophy and rationale for osteopathic practice
- Articulate and apply knowledge of tikanga, te reo Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi/Treaty of Waitangi in their practice
Please note: applicants for this programme must have successfully completed the Bachelor of Musculoskeletal Health.