Pacific Higher Learning
|Value||Up to $5,000 reduction in fees|
|Tenure||Up to 12 months|
|Closing date||28 October 2020 (Earlybird)
8 February 2021 (Standard)
|Location||Christchurch, Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton|
A fee reduction of up to $5000 to support Pacific students to succeed in tertiary study at higher levels.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Be of Pacific descent *
- Meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme of study
- Study a programme, which is eligible for this scholarship full time or part time
This scholarship is available for learners studying an eligible programme full time or part time in 2021.
Before you complete your Ara scholarship application, check out your eligibility for the government’s fees free initiative or Trades Training and Apprenticeship Funding. We are happy to help you out with this process.
This scholarship covers your course fees only. Student levies and course-related costs are not included. It cannot be redeemed for cash or transferred from one programme to another.
If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact us.
Any Level 4 or above programme at Ara Institute of Canterbury.
* For the purpose of scholarships, ‘of Pacific descent’ refers to citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand who are of indigenous Pacific descent from any of the following islands: Sāmoa, American Sāmoa, Tonga, Cook Islands, Niue, Tokelau, Fiji, Rotuma, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, Kiribati, Tuvalu, Palau, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Wallis and Futuna, Hawaii, French Polynesia, Nauru and Rapanui (Easter Island).
How to Apply
- Please complete an application form (click on the application form button below).
- Include a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship, e.g:
- Outline what your Pacific heritage means to you
- Tell us how you want to contribute to your community
- Provide two written references, which comment on your ability to succeed in this programme and attest to your character. One reference must be completed by a leader in your cultural community.
Please return your application to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or email it to: email@example.com
Applications submitted before the early bird closing date will be given preference. Remaining scholarships will then be awarded to later applicants who meet the criteria.