Kā Ratoka Tapuhi
Our nursing services at the City campus in Christchurch are confidential and available to both students and staff. This is primarily a drop-in service but appointments can be made.
The nurse can help you with:
- emergency care for accidents or illness occurring on campus
- lifestyle, exercise, dietary and stress management advice
- health education and promotion
- health monitoring and screening for things such as asthma, diabetes, raised blood pressure
- sexual health such as contraception advice, cervical screening, pregnancy testing and emergency contraception
- wellness checks
- wart removal
- smoking cessation assistance
- Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC)
- treatment of minor illness.
To see a nurse come to the Health Centre. Depending on demand on the day, you may need to wait for a drop-in session time. If you prefer, you can also book an appointment by either phoning us or coming into the Health Centre reception.
Health Centre Manager /
- Monday to Thursday - 9am to 4pm
- Friday - 9am to 3pm
- Enrolled patient - $10
- Non Enrolled - $20
- International student - $25
- ACC - $15
- Youth (under 18) - $15
- Ara staff member or other - $20
- Mental or sexual health consult (under 21) - Free
You will need to register to use a service at the Health Centre. Bring your Student ID card, course receipt or Staff ID card on your first visit.
This service is available to students and staff.
Phone (03) 940 7566
Fax (03) 940 8680
Health Centre, Whareora, City campus