Who is eligible?
You are entitled to use our off-campus request service if :
- you live more than a certain distance from one of our campus libraries (contact the library to confirm eligibility).
- you are enrolled in any of the following courses, or are required to be away from campus for a period of time as part of your study (e.g. clinical placement):
- Nursing, midwifery and medical imaging blended delivery courses
- Graduate Diploma of Information Design and Management
- Broadcasting off campus courses BCEX600, BCEX700, BEXE700, and BCME700 (Part time).
Make an off-campus request
Click to find out how to request a book off campus (PDF 334KB)
The library items you request off-campus, are issued for one week for 3 day loans and 4 weeks for general material.
The Library couriers material to you, and provides a freepost sticker for return post.
More library support for off-campus learning?
- get set up for study (PDF 287KB) including using Moodle to access your course materials, Student Portal to see your exam and assessment results, forwarding your student email to your personal email so you don't miss important notices from your tutor and getting Office 365 for free on your personal device.
- find resources for your studies by entering your search terms in the Library search box where it says Search books and more to find books, ebooks, DVDs and CDs.
- find our how do I guides to help you use our resources.
- use the online form on our Contact us page to ask for journal articles and books that are not available in electronic format e.g. we can send you a photocopy from our print collection or interloan articles and books from another library for you.
- contact a librarian by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note for those on clinical placement: Please email your correct contact details while you are on placement to email@example.com.
Learning Services is a free service that offers learning and study advice to Ara students. We focus on supporting Ara students to manage their own study, and to develop the academic and maths skills required to complete coursework successfully.
Learning Services offers a wide range of handouts, both electronically and in print format. You can find these in the Christchurch City or Timaru campus Libraries, or on MyAra.
Check out our guided learning pathways; online multi-media resources that teach you about academic skills and test your understanding. Join our Library and Learning Services Facebook page.
For more information, talk to staff in the Library, phone 03 940-8089 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability services offers support to students with disabilities or health conditions which impact on their studies.
Please email email@example.com or phone 940-8089 if you would like information or support.