EWRB Electrical Safety first aid and CPR for Practicing
Refresh your knowledge in critical safety skills specific to the electrical industry.
Course content includes general electrical testing procedures, the supervision of trainees, earth testing, residual current devices (installation, operation and testing), short circuit current levels, hazard identification, certification of work, basic first aid and resuscitation.
Please note that this is a refresher course for all classes of Electrical Registration.
- General Electrical Testing procedures.
- The requirements relating to the supervision of trainees both from a supervisor and trainee perspective
- Earthing requirements and earth testing
- The installation, operation and operational testing of residual current devices
- Appreciating the importance of prospective short circuit current levels
- Hazard identification in the workplace
- Certification of work
- The appreciation of the types of electrical accidents that have occurred within the previous twelve months
- Basic First aid
- Resuscitation (Level 2)(CPR)
|Estimated Time||1 Day|
Please note: You will be charged an associated external fee (if applicable) plus a portion of the compulsory Student Services Levy that supports our services available to students. For full information on the compulsory Student Services Levy, visit fees and finance.
How to Apply
To apply for one of our short courses, fill in a paper copy of our application form, available here, then either drop it in to your nearest campus or mail it to us at Enrolment Centre, Ara Institute of Canterbury, PO Box 540, Christchurch Mail Centre