Psychology of Health and Sport
This course is designed to develop students’ understanding of the relationship that exists between mind and body.
- Identify key aspects of mind-body relationships that are applicable to the general population.
- Converse in several mainstream theories of human development.
- Describe the similarities and differences that exist between health and sport psychology.
- Interpret the myriad of ways, thoughts, emotions, behaviour, and relationships, impact on performance and health.
- Explain psychological and motivational factors related to pain management and the therapeutic and recuperative processes.
- Interpret the concepts of “zone” and “flow” as they relate to recreation, sport, competitive activities, and peak performance.
- Describe how stress, coping, crisis, change, and conflict contribute to competitive intensity.
- Explain the differences and relationships that exist in intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.