This course will introduce students to research concepts, designs and methods, with an emphasis upon the differing theoretical paradigms that underpin qualitative and quantitative research approaches.
- Analyse the theoretical paradigms that underpin qualitative and quantitative research.
- Identify research concepts to evaluate project design and methodologies.
- Utilise available computer software for use in the analysis of research data.
- Identify and perform selected analysis strategies appropriate for chosen studies.
- Critically evaluate selected research publications according to appropriate criteria (critical engagement).
- Analyse the ethical procedures and implications of conducting research.