Advanced Broadcast Journalism
To enable students to develop advanced journalism knowledge and skills in sound, text and vision and deepen understanding of the practice of journalism to function as a member of a professional team working in radio, television and online media. To enable students to learn basic small business knowledge and skills necessary to function independently as a provider of services in media industries
- Function as a member of a professional newsroom team.
- Apply sound editorial judgment in all areas of news production.
- Use technical equipment and production techniques relevant to news production.
- Operate effectively across a range of live and recorded presentation situations, including use of Te Reo.
- Demonstrate the personal and interpersonal media knowledge, skills and attitudes required of an ethical media professional working independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrate the fundamental elements of business practice in an applied context.