Screen and Television Production
To enable students to develop foundational knowledge and skills in sound, text and vision necessary to function as a member of a television or screen production team working in both a studio-based and single-camera field environment
- Describe and apply the fundamental elements of studio-based screen production.
- Describe and apply the fundamental elements of single camera screen production in the field.
- Initiate and incorporate a range of logistical support services required to produce programmes including health and safety issues.
- Apply knowledge of key elements of current Screen and Television production policy and practice in New Zealand to media activities.
- Describe the commercial imperatives of producing for Screen and Television.
- Use the writing principles and industry terminology to enable a concept to be pitched, refined and scripted in different genres.
- Demonstrate the personal and interpersonal knowledge, skills and attitudes required of an ethical media professional in a team environment.