Skip to main content
To enable students to develop the basic essential knowledge and skills in sound, text and vision necessary to function as a member of a team working in a commercial radio station
- Apply knowledge of key elements of current radio policy and practice in New Zealand to media activities.
- Communicate effectively orally.
- Apply knowledge of current programming theory to create and schedule appropriate elements in a commercial radio format.
- Utilise foundational radio sales and promotional concepts to sell advertising and execute promotions.
- Produce creative scripts to industry standards.
- Work independently on production activities.
- Demonstrate the personal and interpersonal knowledge, skills and attitudes required of an ethical media professional in a team environment.
Delivered as part of the following programmes