Information for Ara Learners
The Government has ended New Zealand’s Covid Protection Framework. This has led to changes at all Ara campuses.
Here are the key things you need to know:
- If you test positive for Covid-19, you’re legally required to self-isolate for 7 days. If you're symptomatic, we encourage you to stay home and get tested.
- There’s no need to report positive test results to Ara – just notify your tutor of your absence.
- If you test positive for Covid-19, your household contacts no longer need to self-isolate but are asked to test for Covid-19 for the first 5 days during your isolation period, and to wear a mask when out and about.
- Government vaccine mandates end on September 26, 2022.
- Masks aren’t required anywhere, except when visiting certain health care facilities like hospitals, GPs, and aged care residential facilities (including if you visit any of these places as part of your studies).
- Masks aren’t required at Ara but you can continue to wear one if you feel more comfortable doing so.
- Masks are required for Ara Health Centre and Osteopathy Clinic student trainees.
- Businesses can still request that masks are worn.
Please respect an individual’s choice to continue wearing a mask.