School Shorts Screen Competition 2021
The School Shorts Screen Competition showcases the best film-making talents of Canterbury secondary school students.
If you’d like to enter, here’s what you need to know:
- You can choose any genre, from drama to documentary, music video to TV commercial or movie trailer
- Your entry must be no longer than 10 minutes, including the credits
- The emphasis is on the story, rather than on technical elements but quality production is encouraged
- You need to submit your entry through your teacher
- Entries close 1 October
- The judges will decide the finalists
- The finalists will be screened at the School Shorts Competition screening on Sunday 31 October at Reading Cinemas, The Palms, Christchurch
- Prizes will be awarded in a number of craft categories and there will be a Supreme Winner announced on the night
- The event’s primary sponsor is the New Zealand Broadcasting School at Ara Institute of Canterbury
Teachers can submit student entries here
Entry to the screening and prize giving will be by ticket only. Tickets will be allocated to each school based on the number of entries selected to be screened.
Reading Cinemas, The Palms, Christchurch
31 Oct 2021 06:00pm - 09:00pm