This short introductory level ARC course covers welding safety, how the gas metal ARC welding process works, materials, weld defects and the down hand position on lighter gauge material up to 6mm thick. It involves approximately two hours of theory with practical exercises to gain competency.
- Identify potential hazards prior to welding.
- Prepare MMAW equipment for welding.
- Describe the properties of materials used.
- Join steel with the MMAW process.
- Control the quality of the completed weld.
- Recognise the source and nature of welding and cutting hazards
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992
- Avoid welding hazards with safe work practice