This intermediate level short course follows on from Gagana Samoa 1 and provides further skills in reading and speaking in Samoan. You’ll learn how to pronounce a range of Gagana Samoa with confidence and independence; participate and assist in facilitation of selected prayers and songs; recite introductions and respond appropriately to related questions; identify and understand a selection of cultural protocols; understand and produce basic language patters for specific settings. This is a 10 hour course that follows on from Gagana Sāmoa 1.
Please note: You may be charged a portion of the Compulsory Student Services Fee that supports our services available to students. For full information on the Compulsory Student Services Fee, visit fees and finance.
How to apply
To apply for one of our short courses, fill in a paper copy of our application form, available here, then either drop it in to your nearest campus or mail it to us at Enrolment Centre, Ara Institute of Canterbury, PO Box 540, Christchurch Mail Centre.
- Pronounce a selected range of Gagana Samoa with confidence and independence. E lē mana'omia tele se fesoasoani i le fa'aleoina le Gagana Sāmoa
- Participate and assist in facilitation of selected prayers and songs E mafai na faitau/taulotoina tatalo ma pese māsani
- Recite introduction and respond appropriately to related questions Fa'ataulotoina folasaga ma tali fesili e tatau i lau folasaga
- Identify and understand a selection of cultural protocols E mālamalama le aganu'u faigōfie/māsani ma e iloa aga ma uiga e ala i le
- Understand, and produce basic language patterns for an identified setting E mālamalama le fa'atulagaina fuai'upu faigōfie ma iloa le ese'esega ma ona fa'aogāina
Wednesdays 5.30pm-8pmChristchurch City Council
Saturdays 9am-3pmChristchurch City Council
Wednesday – Thursday 9.00-3.00pmChristchurch City Council