On completion of this course students will be able to understand and respond to spoken Māori in a familiar environment.
Students will be able to read and understand written texts on various topics and to understand aspects of Tikanga Māori/customs, recite their mihi/personal introduction or greeting, while also learning some whakataukī/proverbs and kīwaha/idioms.
- Understand and respond to spoken Māori in predictable contexts.
- Read and understand written texts on a predictable topic.
- Write a brief narrative or descriptive passage.
- Understand aspects of Tikanga Māori.
- Recite mihi, whakataukī, kīwaha.
24th July and 2nd Dec 2017 (Monday)
Time- 9:00am- 3:00pmChristchurch City Campus
24th July and 2nd Dec 2017 (Tuesday)
Time- 6:00pm- 8:00pmChristchurch City Campus