Anger is an emotional signal that is worth listening to.
This course is an opportunity to identify your anger signals and learn healthy ways to process your anger so you don’t hurt yourself or others.
This course is two hours per week for six weeks.
- Influences on women’s anger, eg western society, family, church and culture
- Anger feelings, thoughts and behaviour
- Different approaches to understanding women’s anger
- Options to deal with past anger
- Styles around anger, eg raging, stuffing it, passive-aggressive
- The change process
- Healthy ways to process anger
Please note: You may be charged a portion of the Compulsory Student Services Fee that supports our services available to students. For full information on the Compulsory Student Services Fee, visit fees and finance.
How to apply
To apply for one of our short courses, fill in a paper copy of our application form, available here, then either drop it in to your nearest campus or mail it to us at Enrolment Centre, Ara Institute of Canterbury, PO Box 540, Christchurch Mail Centre.
- identify a range of influences on women’s anger, e.g., western society, family, church and culture
- differentiate between angry feelings, thoughts and behaviours
- understand their own anger using a range of different models and approaches
- identify their own process of change in relation to a theory of change process
- explore old anger ‘resentments’ and how to let them go
- identify and reflect on a range of healthy ways to process anger
Fridays, four sessions of 2.5 hours and last session of two hours.Christchurch City campus