Develop your ability to express yourself clearly and directly, listen creatively, and communicate effectively.
You’ll learn the basic techniques of assertive communication (verbal and non-verbal) and you’ll have the opportunity to put those techniques and experiences into practice within a supportive and encouraging group atmosphere.
You'll learn communication and assertiveness, non verbal communication, listening skills and rights and needs.
This course is also offered as a professional development course for organisations or groups. Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is three hours per week for four weeks.
- Recognise the difference between assertive, aggressive, passive and indirect behaviours.
- Demonstrate an understanding on non-verbal communication.
- Understand their rights and needs and the rights and needs of others regarding effective communication.
- Express themselves clearly and directly using 'I' statements.
- Demonstrate effective listening skills.
Thursday, 9am-12pmChristchurch - Madras Street