Learn about spirits, liqueurs and beers and the responsibilities of being a bartender. You’ll gain an understanding of basic flavours, as well as distillation and brewing processes, and we’ll teach you special tips to ensure you’re ready as soon as you start behind the bar.
The course includes an International Bartenders Association (IBA) Certificate, approved by the New Zealand Bartenders Guild.
- Identify and describe a range of commonly available spirits and spirit brands.
- Identify and describe the three most common beer styles and beer brands.
- Classify a range of liqueurs and identify popular brands.
- Select correct glassware for the service of a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Prepare and serve a round of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages within a time constraint.
- Accept payment and give correct change for a round of drinks.
- Use and clean key bar equipment.
- Maintain a clean and tidy bar.