This course will help you learn how to approach each section of the IELTS test. You will get feedback on your writing and speaking and learn how to improve your reading and listening skills.
This course is offered at our Timaru campus.
$85.00 - Domestic
Please note: You may be charged a portion of the Compulsory Student Services Fee that supports our services available to students. For full information on the Compulsory Student Services Fee, visit fees and finance.
How to apply
To apply for one of our short courses, fill in a paper copy of our application form, available here, then either drop it in to your nearest campus or mail it to us at Enrolment Centre, Ara Institute of Canterbury, PO Box 540, Christchurch Mail Centre.
- Understand the requirements of the IELTS examination.
- Understand and demonstrate the use of appropriate examination techniques.
- Be familiar with the layout and instructions of the IELTS examination papers.
- Use written techniques to present a written report based on graphic material.
- Use written techniques to present an argument.
- Demonstrate the ability to hear, and answer questions, on a variety of spoken material.
- Read and comprehend a quantity of authentic academic written material.
- Demonstrate the skills of fluency, correct grammar, vocabulary and clarity in pronunciation.
Starting 5 October, finishing 7 December. No class 25 October (Labour Weekend).ELIP200 Timaru campus
Monday 10 am to 1pm + 2pm to 4pm
Tuesday 10 am to 1pm + 2pm to 4pm
Wednesday 10 am to 1pm + 2pm to 4pm
Thursday 10am to 1pm
Migrants can use PELT pre-paid funds for this courseTimaru