To equip students with the calculating skills which they may require for main field of study.
Please note: You may be charged a portion of the Compulsory Student Services Fee that supports our services available to students. For full information on the Compulsory Student Services Fee, visit fees and finance.
How to apply
To apply for one of our short courses, fill in a paper copy of our application form, available here, then either drop it in to your nearest campus or mail it to us at Enrolment Centre, Ara Institute of Canterbury, PO Box 540, Christchurch Mail Centre.
- Calculate with whole numbers, decimals, fractions, directed numbers, percentages and ratios.
- Use estimation appropriately.
- Round numbers.
- Use powers appropriately.
- Apply the order of operations rule.
- Carry out metric conversions.
- Use a scientific calculator.
- Solve word problems using the above content.