Variable, $30,000 available in total
Available until awarded
Christchurch, Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton, Online
The World Boost scholarship is available to current students to support excellence in their area of study.
This scholarship would enable you to attend national or international competitions, events, or experiences related to your area of study.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, the competition, event or experience must:
- Opportunity needs to be related to the field or area of study student is enrolled in
- Application needs to be supported by the HOD of the students Department
- Enrolled in full time study for a minimum of one Semester
- At least three weeks into programme when scholarship is required
- Opportunity must occur while still enrolled with Ara or within 3 months of qualification completion.
- Student must agree to being included in Ara promotional material related to the scholarship opportunity
- Unless otherwise stated students must be studying with Ara –this excludes partnerships and subcontracting arrangements examples: TANZ eCampus, SIGNAL & Road Transport programmes, Bachelor of Nursing (Master of Health Sciences Professional Practice)
Students who are eligible for a fees discount, are eligible for this scholarship.
All 2019 scholarships are available for students entering into their first year of a new programme of study (unless otherwise stated in the eligibility criteria).
From 2020, all scholarships are available for students entering into any level of study at Ara (unless stated otherwise in eligibility criteria).
Any programme at Ara that is at least one Semester in duration.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship please:
- Complete an application form
- Include a personal statement to reflect why you are a good candidate for this scholarship and how the opportunity will help your study or career goals
- Provide two written references which comment on your ability to succeed in this programme and attest to your character
- Please include evidence of all expected costs related to this event, e.g. registration, transport, accommodation etc
- Please put your application into Ara at least 14 working days prior to the registration closing
More information is available here
Please return your application to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that as part of this scholarship, you may be required to be included in Ara promotional material related to the opportunity.