Year 1 - 33%
Ara is committed to the training of New Zealanders for careers in science, technology, engineering and innovation. As part of this commitment, Ara will be awarding up to three Bachelor of Engineering Technology scholarships to women, to pay a substantial proportion of the tuition fees for the three years of full time study needed to complete our Bachelor of Engineering Technology.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet all of the following conditions.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident at the time of application
- Have met the academic entry requirements for your chosen Bachelor of Engineering Technology (with specialisation) programme.
- Be a women intending to study the Bachelor of Engineering Technology full time
- 2017 will be your first year of study in this programme
- You may be required to attend an interview with Department of Engineering & Architectural Studies staff.
How to Apply
You can apply for this scholarship by completing an application form from www.ara.ac.nz/scholarships and returning it to the Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or emailing it to: email@example.com
As part of the application you will nominate two referees who will be contacted to provide a reference for you.
One should come from a teacher or principal who is able to comment on your academic performance and your ability to succeed in this programme or someone from your workplace who can attest to your relevant experience. The other should be from someone able to attest to your character and should not be a family member.
The continuation of your scholarship is determined by your satisfactory progress at the end of each academic semester (in general you must perform at a satisfactory level throughout the programme, enabling completion of the degree within three years.)
Late applications may be considered.