Up to $5,000 per year
Annual, with potential for renewal based on the Annual Renewal Criteria
The Attitude Award scholarship is offered to support students who live with a disability to undertake a Bachelor of Broadcasting Communications degree.
The objective is to increase the numbers of people with disabilities active in the communications and electronic media professions.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Have gained entry to OR be enrolled in the Bachelor of Broadcasting Communications
- Have demonstrated leadership within the disability sector and/or at school
- Live with a disability
- Be a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident of New Zealand
Annual Renewal Criteria:
- Must pass all courses
- Must be continuing in the Bachelor of Broadcasting Communications programme
Application Requirement and Selection Process
- Full name, address and contact information with a covering letter
- One academic and one character reference
- A brief A4 page outline of one leadership experience either within the disability sector or at school
Short-listing and interview, after which the recipient will be advised as soon as feasible.
How to apply
For more information and to apply for this award, contact:
The Attitude Awards Trust
PO Box 9071, Auckland 1149
Ph: +64 21 468 491