Monday 11 February 2019
Christchurch, Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton, Online
If you are of Māori descent and moving in to your second or subsequent year of study, this scholarship may be for you.
This scholarship celebrates Māori people who engage with their communities.
He tukemata anō tō te taonga – With wealth and education comes responsibility.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- be of Māori descent
- be a current Ara student moving into your second or subsequent year of study at Ara
- have met the academic entry requirements for your chosen programme
- study any Level 4 or above programme at Ara, either full-time or part-time
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship:
- complete an application form
- include a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship, e.g. outline what your Māori heritage means to you and how you will contribute to the community.
- Provide two written references, which comment on your ability to succeed in this programme and attest to your character. One reference must be completed by a leader in your cultural community.
Please return your application to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or email it to: email@example.com
Applications submitted before the early bird closing date will be given preference. Remaining scholarships will then be awarded to later applicants who meet the criteria.