Year 1 - 50%
Ara is committed to the training of New Zealanders for careers in science, technology, engineering and innovation. As part of this commitment, Ara will be awarding one NZ Diploma in Engineering scholarship to a Māori or Pasifika student, to pay a substantial proportion of the tuition fees for the two years of full time study needed to complete our New Zealand Diploma in Engineering.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet all of the following conditions.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident at the time of application
- Be of Maori or Pasifika descent
- Have met the academic entry requirements for your chosen New Zealand Diploma in Engineering specialisation (refer to Ara website)
- 2017 will be your first year of study in this programme
- Intend to be a full time student within one of the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (with specialisation) programmes
- You may be required to attend an interview with Department of Engineering & Architectural Studies staff
How to Apply
You can apply for this scholarship by completing an application form from www.ara.ac.nz/scholarships and returning it to the Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or emailing it to: email@example.com
As part of the application you will nominate two referees who will be contacted to provide a reference for you.
One should come from a teacher or principal who is able to comment on your academic performance and your ability to succeed in this programme or someone from your workplace who can attest to your relevant experience. The other should be from someone able to attest to your character and should not be a family member.
The continuation of the scholarship is determined at the end of each academic semester and is based on the student making satisfactory progress which will seem them able to complete the diploma within two years.
Late applications may be considered.