100% Fee Reduction
9 Jan 2017
Ara will be awarding three scholarships to pay for one year of full time study needed to complete the New Zealand Certificate in Baking (Generalist) Level 4.
In response to the growing numbers of opportunities in the Baking industry, Ara has taken the challenge to up skill the current youth population with an opportunity to take their study to the next level. Students who pursue this pathway will gain invaluable knowledge both theory and practical which again can be applied in the industry.
Examples of the types of career path which you can focus on include: hotels, restaurants, cafés, supermarkets as well as the option of continuing to study an additional year for the New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) Patisserie strand.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet all of the following conditions.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident at the time of application
- Have met the academic entry requirements for the NZ Certificate in Baking (Generalist) Level 4
- Be under 21 years of age on 1 January in the year of the scholarship
- Intending to be a full time student within this programme
- Be enrolling into your first full time programme at any tertiary education institute (except for undertaking entry level preparation)
- You may be required to attend an interview with the Department of Hospitality and Service Industries staff.
How to Apply
You can apply for this scholarship by completing an application form =and returning it to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or emailing it to: email@example.com
As part of the application you will nominate two referees who will be contacted to provide a reference for you.
One should come from a teacher or principal who is able to comment on your academic performance and your ability to succeed in this programme or someone from your workplace who can attest to your relevant experience. The other should be from someone able to attest to your character and should not be a family member.
Late applications may be considered.