100% Fee reduction
equivalent of 6 months full time study
Ara is committed to training young New Zealanders for careers in technology. As part of this commitment we are offering up to four scholarships for youth students studying the New Zealand Certificate in IT Essentials (Level 4).
If you are looking for a career in the exciting field of computing and information technology, our certificate will give you a broad introduction and prepare you for further study.
Our full time six month certificate will give you the skills necessary to get the most out of your computer by building on your basic understanding of computers and giving you a higher level understanding of information and communications technology.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet all of the following conditions.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident at the time of application
- Have met the academic entry requirements for the New Zealand Certificate in IT Essentials (Level 4)
- Be under 21 years of age on 1 January in the year of the scholarship
- Intend to be a full time or part time student within this programme
- Be enrolling into your first full time programme at any tertiary education institute (except for undertaking entry level preparation)
- You may be required to attend an interview with the Department of Computing staff.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship by completing an application form from www.ara.ac.nz/scholarships and returning it to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or emailing it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the application you will nominate two referees who will be contacted to provide a reference for you.
One should come from a teacher or principal who is able to comment on your academic performance and your ability to succeed in this programme or someone from your workplace who can attest to your relevant experience. The other should be someone able to attest to your character and should not be a family member.
Late applications may be considered.