100% Year 1 papers
The Manu Kōrero scholarship is intended to celebrate the success of speakers who have represented the Waitaha region on the national competitions. This scholarship is offered as part of a strategy to promote the benefits of being biculturally proficient and speaking Te Reo.
This scholarship is for students intending to study the Bachelor of Māori Language.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet all of the following conditions.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident at the time of application and be under the age of 25
- Have met the academic entry requirements for the Bachelor of Maori Language at Ara (refer to Ara website)
- Intend to be a full time student within the Bachelor of Maori Language.
- Have represented the Waitaha region at the National Manu Korero competitions within the last three years
- 2017 will be your first year of study in this programme
- You may be required to attend an interview with the Department of Humanities staff.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship by completing an application form from www.ara.ac.nz/scholarships and returning it to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or emailing it to: email@example.com
As part of the application you will nominate two referees who will be contacted to provide a reference for you.
One should come from a teacher or principal who is able to comment on your academic performance and your ability to succeed in this programme or someone from your workplace who can attest to your relevant experience. The other should be from someone able to attest to your character and should not be a family member.
Late applications may be considered.