90% off tuition fees
Ongoing until all awarded
Christchurch, Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton, Online
This scholarship is available to former Linwood College students.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:
- Be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have completed at least two years of studying in Linwood College Senior School (Year 11-13)
- Have attended at a rate of at least 80% in your final year with Linwood College
- Have had no more than 20 months between completing your study at Linwood College and starting your study at Ara.
- Meet (or intend to meet) the entry requirements for your chosen programme of study
- Give permission for a student advisor to monitor your attendance and academic progress.
You are not able to access the LIFT completion grant and this scholarship in the same year.
We encourage all learners eligible for an Ara scholarship to apply. Before you complete your Ara scholarship application, check out your eligibility for the government’s fees free initiative. We are happy to help you out with this process. If you are eligible for only a proportion of your fees covered under the government initiative and not a full year, you may still be eligible to apply for an Ara scholarship.
If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact us.
Any programme at Ara Institute of Canterbury.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship:
- Complete an application form
- Include a personal statement to reflect the special circumstances that make you a candidate for this scholarship
- Provide a written referee report (see application form) which comments on your ability to succeed in this programme
- Obtain confirmation from Linwood College that you meet the eligibility requirement (see application form)
Please return your application to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org