Up to $5,500
1 March 2019
Hugh McDougall Rankin Education Trust
Hugh McDougall Rankin, a former prominent Christchurch businessman, established the Hugh McDougall Rankin Education Trust in 2008 for the purposes of providing financial assistance to science students in Christchurch both at the state secondary school and tertiary institution levels.
Having struggled himself during the Depression of the 1930s to obtain his Food Technology qualifications, Hugh was especially keen to support students needing financial assistance to obtain tertiary qualifications in the sciences and with the potential to contribute to the technological wealth of New Zealand.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be a full time students undertaking an undergraduate degree in any physical science subjects such as engineering, nursing, medical imaging, applied sciences, chemistry, physics, biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, and mathematics.
- Have successfully completed at least one year of tertiary study at Lincoln University, University of Canterbury or Ara Institute of Canterbury.
- Have had at least four years secondary schooling in one of the following schools:
Aranui High School, Avonside Girls High School, Burnside High School, Cashmere High School, Christchurch Boys’ High School, Christchurch Girls’ High School, Hagley Community College, Hillmorton High School, Hornby High School, Linwood College, Mairehau High School, Papanui High School, Riccarton High School, Shirley Boys’ High School or any other state secondary school in the Christchurch area, established after the commencement date of this scholarship.
- be under the age of 25 years when applying for the scholarship.
Previous recipients, including a recipient of the secondary school Hugh McDougall Rankin Educational Scholarship, are eligible to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship - Please complete an application form
Please return your application to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or email it to: email@example.com by 1 March 2019