100% Fee Reduction
31 Jan 2017
Ara is offering up to four scholarships for youth students studying the New Zealand Certificate in Tourism
Learn what it takes to succeed in this industry through visits to travel agencies, tourist attractions and other top destinations in New Zealand. You will also attain valuable tourism and marketing skills, giving you credible qualifications desired by your current or future employers.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet all of the following conditions.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident at the time of application
- Have met the academic entry requirements for the New Zealand Certificate in Tourism
- Be under 21 years of age on 1 January in the year of the scholarship
- Intending to be a full time student within this programme
- Be enrolling into your first full time programme at any tertiary education institute (except for undertaking entry level preparation).
- You may be required to attend an interview with the Department of Hospitality and Service Industries staff.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship by completing an application form from www.ara.ac.nz/scholarships and returning it to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or emailing it to: email@example.com
As part of the application you will nominate two referees who will be contacted to provide a reference for you.
One should come from a teacher or principal who is able to comment on your academic performance and your ability to succeed in this programme or someone from your workplace who can attest to your relevant experience. The other should be from someone able to attest to your character and should not be a family member.
Late applications may be considered.