100% Fee Reduction
The Certificate in Japanese is an intensive one year study programme that will enable you to communicate with Japanese speakers in a range of everyday situations. You will also develop the ability to read and write Japanese to a similar level. This is an academic course of study so time and commitment to after class study is essential for success in this programme.
For out-of-region applicants facing the expense of programme fees and accommodation costs, this scholarship will pay the tuition fees needed to complete our Certificate in Japanese.
On completion of this programme you will be well positioned to pathway into the Japanese degree programme or explore other study options or work opportunities.
This programme is intended for those whose first language is not Japanese, who have little or no previous knowledge of the Japanese language.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet all of the following conditions.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident at the time of application
- Have met the academic entry requirements for the Certificate in Japanese (refer to Ara website)
- Intending to be a full time student within the Certificate in Japanese
- Permanently reside outside of Canterbury and need to move to Christchurch and pay accommodation costs to study the Certificate in Japanese
- You may be required to attend an interview with the Department of Humanities staff.
How to Apply
You can apply for this scholarship by completing an application form from www.ara.ac.nz/scholarships and returning it to Scholarships, PO Box 540, Christchurch 8140 or emailing it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the application you will nominate two referees who will be contacted to provide a reference for you.
One should come from a teacher or principal who is able to comment on your academic performance and your ability to succeed in this programme or someone from your workplace who can attest to your relevant experience. The other should be from someone able to attest to your character and should not be a family member.
Late applications may be considered.